bio
Daniel Yee, male, 17
Singapore

Just your everyday guy who wants to enjoy his life here on the tiny island of Singapore. Interested in Japanese culture, video games, meaningful flicks and hanging with great friends :)

btw if you're wondering where the "moko" came from, it's from a character in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles by Clamp which I was in love with back when I was Primary six. Have a great visit!

VISIT ME!
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
affiliates
Benedict
Lloyd
Wilbur
Facebook
Twitter
VS Website

tagboard
.
What's on?
Welcome to the What's On? corner :)

Here will contain some tidbits about what's on in my life now (duh), so watch out!
What's next?
April
19 April - Daryl and Darric's Birthday
20 April - Strings Concert
26 April - Dad's Birthday
older posts


DanielYeeMoko.
>
— [YUI] Rain
YUI is love. What more is there to be said?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 @ 4:45 PM
Final Run
So, it's 4.45pm and I've done nothing for Bio and Amaths so far, and Amaths paper one is in like...16 hours. I've obviously no time for any Amaths revision anymore, but I'll take tomorrow as a test of my wits and memory to do things ad hoc, and see how far I get. If tomorrow doesn't go well, there's always paper 2, haha.

I'm confident that my chemistry has a high chance of being better than what I did for Physics yesterday. Really, paper 2 was a bloodfest, but there's just a speck more confidence in paper 1. Still, I hope what I've done is enough to pull me over the A1 mark, it's one of the subjects I have to score for for a good L1R5.

So, I finally finished MagnaCarta 2 :D Seriously I spent so much time on sidequests and basically getting the best gear I possibly could that I was seriously overpowered by the end of the game. Here's some of my thoughts to this underrated game:

While rated poorly by many sites, this game, to me, was really a hidden gem in the jrpg genre. The story was great and the twists kept coming, secrets unveiled themselves in a great fashion and the game also rewards a lot for your hard work. It's truly satisfying to play and you won't put down your controller for hours as it keeps you on your toes.

The battle, while a turnoff at first, really had me attached to it. Basically it involves a stamina gauge and as you attack, the gauge fills up and when it hits full, you go into overdrive mode where your attacks deal 1.5 more damage, however if you stop attacking, you'll go into an overheat mode where you can't take any action for a certain amount of time. However, after learning how to chain between characters which allows to deal massive amount of damage and reset the stamina gauge, it really seemed like a realistic system and dealing tens of thousands of damage is satisfying with the chaining system.

The one thing I don't like is how much you have to backtrack in this game and there's no 'dash' option to make it easier to move from place to place. The teleportation mechanic doesn't take into effect after a certain point in the game, but even then, it was still arduous to move around. The game also have very little replay value, as after the credits roll, the game ends right there, no extra dungeons, bosses or really, anything to do after that. However, I'm satisfied and the heartwarming tale really connected to me. Overall, it was a fun few hours that I'll be sure to remember.

Now onto bio and amaths revision. There's not much time left, so I really have to pour in my all. Now that MagnaCarta 2 is finished, I'll have more focus on the coming papers. I'm curious to see how my L1R5 will turn out to be like and I'll be sure to work harder and more consistently to further improve my standard in the mock exams and prelim 2. Cheers to the final lap in Prelim 1!

6 papers to go
Daniel